Sunday, May 5, 2019

Lilith's Brood


I really enjoyed this. This book put to question everything that it is to be human. Or everything that is is to accept challenges as a human. It makes me question just how open minded I think I am, how open to change I would be. To take a never ending story (alien invasion) and almost put the favor on the side of the aliens is definitely new to me. The aliens save what’s left of the humans after near annihilation, and offer their continued survival as long as it is with the aliens, mating and creating hybrids with them. As always, there would be resistance. But it took one character, Lilith, to start. She has two of these children. A theme that is introduced through these aliens is this biology over social; a part of the story involving when Lilith said she didn’t want to be impregnated but it could be read that biologically, her body wanted to be pregnant, so she was impregnated.
Can you say that something has become more diverse if it’s come to include aliens?

No comments:

Post a Comment